Next Steps #1
The Next Steps #1 layout is designed to provide a landing page for users who want to get more involved in your church! This is a great place to highlight key ministries, point people to volunteer opportunities, and link out to other important content on your site.
- Like most pages on your site's theme, you can assign an image to the layout's header area.
- The page title (along with an optional subtitle) will overlay the header image.
TOP LINKS ROTATOR
- This small rotator will appear near the bottom of your page's header image, and it's a good place to callout upcoming events, an exciting sermon series, or a special service opportunity.
STANDARD PAGE CONTENT
- You'll use the page WYSIWYG editor to manage this content area.
- Each featured item grabs the user's attention with an engaging rollover animation and links to a separate page.
- Up to eight different items can fill the grid layout. When clicked, a grid item will expand to fill the entire screen, providing a lot of real estate to feature various kinds of content—this is a terrific way to communicate a lot of information, while keeping the user on the page.
- This layout features an optional "floating" link that remains on the lower-right of the screen, which can link out to a ChMS login, a form to sign up for your weekly newsletter, or your church's Facebook page!
- Under Content > Pages, you can "Add a New Page" and then select "Next Steps 1" as the template.
- Choose a header image for the page, just as you would for any standard page on your site.
- The page title will overlay the header image automatically, and you can also add a subtitle below the main title by using the page's Description field.
- Use the WYSIWYG editor to enter any content you want to appear right beneath the header image.
- This small rotator is managed using a Link List (Content > Linklists): "Next Steps 1 - Announcements"
- Each item in the list will need a name, a link, an image, and a short description. (Image dimensions: 228 x 128 pixels.)
- These featured items are managed with a Link List (Content > Linklists): "Next Steps 1 - Featured Row"
- Each item in the list needs to have a name, a link, and an image. (Image dimensions: 690 x 388 pixels.)
- You can add more than 3 featured items, which will create multiple rows. However, we suggest keeping the amount of your featured items in multiples of 3.
- The grid layout is managed by assigning sections to the page itself.
- Each section (Content > Sections) will need the following elements:
- Name (Use "Next Steps Grid - " at the start of the section name to make it easier to find/manage)
- Description (Will function as a subtitle for the grid item)
- Content (Size and amount can vary as needed)
- Background Image (Will serve as the main image for the item. Image dimensions: 672 x 378 pixels)
- Icon Class (Add a special icon for the grid item - your theme setup guide should provide a link where you can view all of the available icons.)
- You can add up to 8 sections to your page.
- The Floating Link is optional and can easily be controlled with a Link List (Content > Linklists): "Next Steps 1 - Floating Link"
- Don't add more than one item to this list and make sure you've included a name, a link, and an icon class. (Your theme setup guide should provide a link where you can view all of the available icons.)