Sermons Layout #6
This template features the most recent sermon on the main landing page, and then offers viewing options for your sermon archives by list and series. Each view is outlined below.
Note: in order to use the built in social media sharing option included with this Sermons layout, you will need to setup an AddThis account. If you have purchased this layout or it was included with your site, please setup an account here and then send the login credentials to your Ekklesia team member.
Displays your page header image with button options to view your sermon archives by list or series. Note: if you don't utilize sermon series, only the "List" button will display here.
The bulk of this page displays your most recent sermon. If the speaker for your sermon is linked to a member profile, then the contact links and bio for the speaker will display. This can be setup under the "Preacher" tab in the sermons module.
The bottom of the page displays a rotator of your featured sermons. To assign a sermon as "featured", this is done under the "Publish" tab of the sermon settings.
Displays your page header image and a list view of your sermons in reverse chronological order. The filter bar includes options for filtering the list by Series, Speaker, Category and Month.
Displays your page header image and a list of all sermon series. Each item shows the series image, title and date range of sermons. When selected, the sermons within the series will display in a list format, similar to the Sermon List view.
Displays your page header image and sermon title. This page showcases content for a selected sermon, including summary, media files, and speaker.
Some unique features are included on the details page:
- Sermon Notes: this layout includes a sermon notes area that can be emailed and/or downloaded as a PDF. The form title and description can be changed under Content > Link Lists > Sermon 6 Notes.
- Video: If a video is included with your sermon, it will display fullwidth above the sermon details. As you scroll down the page, the video will shift to the bottom right of the browser, so you still keep taking notes while viewing the sermon video
If you purchased this template or it was included with your site, a page will be setup for you with the Sermons #6 template assigned, located under Content > Pages. In the page settings, the "Sermons #6" layout will be selected under the "Template" dropdown.
Video Tutorial: Sermons Overview
The sermons module is located under Content > Sermons.
To create a new sermon, select the ADD A NEW SERMON button.
- Detail: This is where you choose a title, categories, series, key passage, date, and preacher. This will sort the sermon into the right places and automatically show the passage.
- Content: Step two you will add a summary, keywords, and then the actual content of the sermon.
- Add Media: This is wehre you will be able to add audio, video, an image, or notes on your sermon. You can also embed a youtube video using the EMBED CODE tab. Using external link will only create a link to that page, not embed the video on the site.
- Publish: Gives you the option to post just to certain groups or the site (site group), and then also allows you to publish at a certain date and time.
Help Article: Add a New Sermon Series
A Sermon Series can include a title, summary and image. The series settings will also display all sermons included in the series.