Sermons Layout #2
Sermons Layout #2 was designed to display your sermons in reverse chronological order (newest first). This page displays the Sermon images, date, titles, key passage & Categories in the larger right column, and then displays all of the filtering options in the left column.
Select Sermons #2 from the Template dropdown menu to add it to a page. Once you add Sermons Layout #2 to the page, be sure to save. Your page will now show sermons using Sermons Layout #2. If you don't see Sermons #2 as an option in the Template dropdown menu, follow the Option 2 steps below.
Sermons Layout #2 may have already been assigned to a page when you received your website. To add that page to your navigation take the following steps.
- Go to Content > Pages and click the "Navigation" tab.
- Click "New Item."
- Click "View All" to the right of the "Content" field.
- Open the "Pages" dropdown menu and find the page titled "Sermons #2."
- The "Label" field at the top will automatically populate with the title of the page. You can update that label now if desired.
- The "Parent" dropdown menu allows you to assign the page as a top level nav item or you can nest the nav item under another page.
- If you want this page to open in a new widow, check the "Open in new window" box to the right of the "Parent" dropdown menu.
- Click "Add".
- Finally, make sure to click the "Save and Publish" button on the main "Navigation" tab to make the changes live.
To utilize this Sermon Template, you will first need to make sure that you have a navigation item in the Navigation Module (Content > Pages > Navigation) that is linked to the "All Sermons" option in the "Content" field. See the screenshots below for how to assign the navigation item correctly:
Once you are in the Navigation module, either add a new item or edit an existing item and follow the steps below:
For instructions on how to add sermons, please review this Help Article & Video: Adding Sermons or revierw the instructions below
To make changes, navigate to CONTENT > SERMONS
To create a new sermon select ADD A NEW SERMON.
- Detail: This is where you choose a title, categories, series, key passage, date, and preacher. This will sort the sermon into the right places and automatically show the passage.
- Content: Step two you will add a summary, keywords, and then the actual content of the sermon.
- Add Media: This is wehre you will be able to add audio, video, an image, or notes on your sermon. You can also embed a youtube video using the EMBED CODE tab. Using external link will only create a link to that page, not embed the video on the site.
- Publish gives you the option to post just to certain groups or the site (site group), and then also allows you to publish at a certain date and time.
All Sermon & Series Images should be at least 484 pixels wide by 257 pixels high. Other image sizes can be used as long as they are the same ratio as the recommended size.