The bulk of your home page is comprised of sections, which are managed under Content > Sections. Your theme will include the following preset sections for the home page, but you are welcome to add your own, as well!
- Home - Featured Items: displays the "Home - Featured Items" link list items under the Next Steps
- Home - Lastest Sermon: displays the latest message from the Sermons module
- Home - Join a Small Group: this is an open content area with a rotator added
- Home - Live Event Countdown: displays a countdown timer for the next "live" event in the Events module
- Home - Upcoming Events: displays the next three events from the Events module
- Home - Latest Blog: displays the latest three posts from the Blogs module
- Home - Join a Serve Team: another open content section with a rotator added
- Home - Newsletter Signup: displays the signup form "get weekly news"
All of these sections include pre-built monklets, as well. See the Monklets for the Home article for details.
Note: The Home Page sections can also be used for your Subpage Fullwidth template.
The home page template can support up to eight different content sections, and each section has a number of different fields that allow for unique customization.
- Content: This is the main content block and is used to enter headings/text/buttons/links for the section.
- Background Color: Use this field to specify a hex-code color that will cover the background of the entire section. This field interacts with the other fields below, so be sure to read on!
- Background Image: Use this field to set a background image for the entire section. NOTE: If you have also specified a Background Color, then the background image will be tinted with the color you specified—if the tint is unwanted, just make sure the Background Color field is blank.
- Dark Background: Use this checkbox whenever you have specified a dark background color or image, and this will force the text of the section to display in white, to ensure good contrast and readability.
- Meganav Image: This field is not used for home page sections.
- Parallax Background: This option turns on parallax scrolling functionality for the background image.