To begin editing the home page, go to Content > Pages > INDEX
Note: The details below are specific to the homepage, but these same fields will apply to your subpages.
1. Title: Unlike most other pages, you cannot change the title of the home page. The INDEX page is the home page.
2. URL: This is the URL location of the page—because this is a home page, do not add to or change the URL.
3. Description: A description of the church or organization in sentence form that helps with SEO.
4. Categories: this is not used for the homepage, but may apply to some premium layouts.
5. Content: Any words or images entered into the CONTENT field will appear below the rotator/header image/video space.
6. Keywords: A list of keywords associated with the church or organization. Use words separated by commas that help with SEO.
7. Header Background Video: Add a full-width looping, muted background video.
8. Header Overlay: when selected, the "Billboard Overlay Color" picker item will display an opaque color overlay for your header image
9. Header Text: Content entered here will be display overtop of the header image or header background video.
10. Hide Page Title: this is not applicable for the home page, but this option is available for your subpages.
11. Section Nav: this option will place a section navigation at the bottom of the page on mobile devices allowing users to scroll between sections. If this option is used the section "Description" field will be the name of the link and the "Icon Class" field is used to add a custom icon to the link. If the page checkbox is selected, only sections with the Description field used will display in the navigation.
12. Show in Navigation: Check this box to add a link to the 'Index' home page in the site Navigation. When the navigation link is created, the label will read 'Index.' You can change the navigation label to say 'Home' instead of 'Index' in the navigation module.
13. Location: This cannot be changed for the home page, but for subpages, this will show where your page is located in the navigation
14. Header Image: This field can be used to add static header image. Note: if you are using a header background video, you will want to load an image in this field to display while the page is loading.
15. Rotator: This field can be used to add a rotator.
16: Template: The "Index" template is created specifically for the home page. This needs to remain the selected template in order to utilize sections.
Sections are the best way to utilize the homepage features to make it both unique and informative.
The bulk of your home page is comprised of sections, which are managed under Content > Sections. Your theme will include the following preset sections for the home page, but you are welcome to add your own, as well!
- Home - Connect: displays a row of images/buttons from a link list
- Home - Events: displays the latest featured events from the Events module
- Home - Sermon: displays the latest message from the Sermons module
- Home - Steps: displays a row of images/buttons from a link list
- Home - Newsletter: displays freeform content and a background image
Note: You can see more about each homepage monklet here.
The home page allows up to 9 content sections to be assigned to a page. These sections can contain basically anything that a page can (text, images, videos, etc) and will display under the header image/rotator/header video space on your homepage.
Sections may be reordered in the "1-9" dropdowns, which displays from top to bottom on the page. You can assign a section as "None" to remove it, and you can create your own new sections to add to the home page.