Fellowship One Overview
The F1 backend integration allows you to sync public events, small groups and members over to these modules in the cms. Only specific fields will sync over to the website backend, so please check out the info below for more details.
With this integration, your F1 data will re-sync to the website every 15 minutes.
NOTE: a small group layout would need to be purchased in order to use the small groups integration option. Please contact your website specialist or project manager for more info.
You can either follow the steps below to link your account to the CMS or contact your project manager for assistance.
Go to Admin > Site > "More Menu" link at the top right > "Integrations" tab in the sidebar
Under the section labeled "Fellowship One", fill in the username, password and subdomain fields. Your church code should be used for the subdomain.
NOTE: The credentials you set up will need to have full admin privileges, and we recommend setting up a generic login (like Username MonkDev or Integration). If you use a personal login and the credentials change later on, then the integration will break.
Once the integration is connected, you will see additional options:
Sync events, groups and members: this will enable your F1 data to pull over for the respective module, so only check the data you want synced to the cms.
Include categories in sync: you can choose to sync over categories for each area. This will pull into the module as your category list.
- Sync webEnabled events - will only sync event marked with the "webEnabled" option in F1
- Do not sync description field - will remove the description from the sync, if you want to manually add this in the events module
- Enable Markdown - will carry over font styles, headers, paragraph breaks, etc to the synced event description
- Sync RSVP - Member sync is supported if the Sync members or Sync RSVP is checked
Your public F1 events will pull into the website under Events > Events. When an event is synced, you will see this indicated at the top of the settings screen for the specific event.
The fields that are synced will show greyed out in the events module and cannot be edited in the cms, since the data is pulling from F1 (see image below). Fields that are not synced can be manually updated in the events module, if needed.
- Events are only synced one year into the future
- All events are synced as one-time events. Recurring events are not supported.
- If the "webEnabled" option is enabled, then only events with this status checked will sync over to the website
- If a previously synced events is made inactive in F1, the event will be removed from the cms in the next sync.
- The "featured" status needs to be manually added to events in the cms.
- Registration links need to be manually added to the “external registration link” field in the cms
- F1 only allows for one ministry to be assigned per event, and these are synced as categories in the cms. You can manually added more categories to your events once they are synced in the cms.
Below is a list of fields synced from F1 and the corresponding fields in the Events module in the CMS.
NOTE: Images are not included with the sync and would need to be manually added in the event record within the website
F1 Event Field
CMS Events Field
We use both F1 name and schedule to determine the CMS Name field.
We use the F1 instance field to determine Start Date, End Date, Start Time and End Time in CMS
Your public groups will pull into the website under Events > Small Groups. When a group is synced, you will see this indicated at the top of the settings screen for the specific small group record.
The fields that are synced will show greyed out in the events module and cannot be edited in the cms, since the data is pulling from F1 (see image below). Fields that are not synced can be manually updated in the small groups module, if needed.
Below is a list of fields synced from F1 and the corresponding fields in the Small Groups module in the CMS.
NOTE: Images are not included with the sync and would need to be manually added in the small group record within the website
F1 Groups Field
CMS Small Groups Field
|Group type, Gender, Marital Status, Church Campus||CMS Category|
|Start Time||Start Date/Time|
|End Time||End Date/Time|
|Has Childcare||Childcare Provided|
|Recurrence Days||Day of the Week|
|Is Open||Status||The default status is set as "closed"|
If the Sync members or Sync RSVP option is enabled, members will sync over to the cms under People > Members. It's not a full sync of all members within F1 but only members assigned a contact/leader for synced events and small groups.
Here is a list of synced fields, and the synced fields are locked by default in the cms.
|F1 Member Field||CMS Member Profile Field||Description|
|First Name||First Name|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|Home Email||E-mail Address
|Work Email Address||E-mail Address
||If the "work email address" field is populated, we'll pull that one first. If not, we'll pull the "home email address" field
|Address||Address Line 1, Address Line 2, Country and Zip
||The F1 address is parsed into multiple CMS fields
|Date of Birth||Birth Date
|Home Phone||Home Phone
|Work Phone||Work Phone
|Mobile Phone||Cell Phone
|Web Address||WebSite Url
||We support photo sync, so this field will be locked in the CMS