Volunteer Opportunities #2
- Locate the Volunteer Opportunities #2 Template
- Title the Template
- Add Template Overview Content
- Edit the Highlighted Team or Event Section
- Add All Categories & Filters
- Add Users
- Add & Link Authors to Users
- Add a New Article: Summary, Content, Image
- Publish The Article
The Volunteer Opportunities Layout #2 is designed to help you showcase ways for people to serve. You can add information about joining a specific position or team with clear contact information for next steps to get involved.
A Volunteer Opportunity is created as an Article, and the leader contact information is created as an Authors.
Before You Get Started
Your implementor should have already built out the Volunteer Opportunities #2 for you.
1. Locate your Volunteer Opportunities #2 Template by going to Content > Pages. If you can’t easily find the template, use the Template Filter.
Title & Overview
Here is what your Volunteer Opportunities #2 Template looks like when editing.
- Title the Template
- Add Overview Content
TITLE: The name indicated in the Title field will display at the top of your page.
CONTENT: Introductory content, quotes, video, images or other content you'd like to display in the space above the Highlighted Team or Event (optional). This content will display above the Highlighted Team or Event Section.
Highlighted Team or Event Section
The Highlighted Team or Event content on your template is edited in the Sections module.
- Locate the "Volunteer - Highlight" section by going to Content > Sections
- Select "Volunteer - Highlight" to edit
This section supports all styles and formats for headlines, CTA buttons, videos, images, etc.
Editing Highlighted Team or Event Section
This section was created using a two column style with text and a CTA button on the left and a video on the right.
- Add the title of the highlight team or event
- Add a summary
- Link the CTA button
- Highlight the “Call to Action Button”
- Select the link icon
- Text to Display: add CTA
- Link list: select an Event or Volunteer Article
Add your video or image
Highlight the placeholder video
Select Insert > Insert/edit image or video
If your media file is already uploaded, find it in the source list
If you are embedding a video, paste your embed code.
Before Adding Volunteer Opportunites
All volunteer opportunities are created and edited in the Articles Module.
To ensure that your volunteer opportunities display on the template, all articles must be assigned to the parent category “Volunteer."
- Locate the Articles Module by going to Content > Articles.
- Select the Categories tab to ensure your implementor has add the "Volunteer" parent category.
On a multi-campus site, the campus filter uses the Group. When you publish an Article be sure to publish to the campus Group as needed.
Before adding Articles, you'll need to add Categories and Authors to attach to the articles.
Categories & Filters
If we have tailored your layout by adding a filter for categories, you will need to create new categories under the parent "Volunteer."
- Select Add a New Category
- Name the category the title you would like to display in the filter on the layout
- Assign the category to to the parent category "Volunteer"
If you are interested in adding a category filter to your Volunteer Template contact Support for more information.
Each volunteer detail page displays a contact person or "Author" for the specific opportunity.
This contact information is pulled from the member module. Before assigning authors to your volunteer opportunities, you’ll need add the contact person as a user to the site in the People module.
In order for contact information to display on the Volunteer Opportunity detail page, you'll need to add the contact person as a user.
- Locate the People Module by going to People > Members
- Add a New Member fill out all appropriate fields
Adding a New Article
Now that all the categories and authors have been added, you can begin creating each volunteer opportunity.
- Navigate to Content > Articles and click, “Add A New Article.”
- Indicate the title of the volunteer opportunity, assign a category, and author
The Series and Date fields can be left blank. PRO-TIP: If you would like a specific volunteer opportunity to display under multiple categories, you can add multiple categories. More info on adding Articles can be found on our Help Site: http://help.monkcms.com/article/articles/
Summary & Content
Now that all Categories and Authors have been added, it's time to start adding Volunteer Opportunities content like a summary and description.
- Add a Summary
- Add a description
SUMMARY: Content entered into the Summary field will display on in the list view of the Volunteer Opportunity template. This can be a brief description that is quick and easy for a reader.
CONTENT: The Content field will display on the Volunteer Opportunity detail page. In this area you can add images, videos, text formatting, Ekklesia forms, or links to your ChMS form.
PRO-TIP: If you are showcasing a team be sure the list roles within the team.
Each Volunteer Opportunity can have it's own image displayed on the list view. All images are entered into the Image field on the media step.
- Search the image title in the Image field
- Select Browse For a File
- Locate the file
(optional) When publishing your article, you can set toggle dates so that Volunteer Opportunities are published on specific dates.
1. Enter a "Toggle Date" for when you want the draft to go live.
You can also set a date for when you would like aVolunteer Opportunity to be removed from the layout.
1. Publish the Article today.
2. Set the date you would like the Article to toggle back to draft
Now that you’ve finished adding the content, you can place it in the navigation so people can easily find the layout.
More info on the navigation can be found on our Help Site: http://help.ekklesia360.com/article/adding-a-navigation-item/