Small Group Finder #2
Overview - Adding Small Groups
The Small Group Finder Layout uses a page (for the welcome content) and events (the Small Groups you've created) to display on your site. Your implementer should have already set up a new page and applied the Small Groups Template. Once your page is set up, you can edit the content and add more Small Groups.
Here is a simplified overview of how to add a new small group to your site. Below is a more detailed step-by-step plan.
- Navigate to Events > Small Groups.
- Click the Add a New Small Group button.
- Fill in all of the relevant information about the new small group and click the Save button.
- Choose whether to publish the group to your site right away or keep it as a draft until later.
3. Small Group Basics
Now you will fill out all relevant content for your Small Group.
- Name: the name of the small group as it will appear on your website (Required)
- Description: write a few sentences describing what the group is all about (Recommended)
- Keywords: keywords help people find the group when searching on your website. Use words that help describe the group. For example, a small group that meets to go hiking could have keywords like outdoors, active, exercise, hiking.
4. Small Group Specifics | Help your members find the right fit by entering in the specifics.
- Childcare Provided: Select this option if there will be childcare provided at the group.
- Resource Link: Use this to attach a link to another page that provides supporting information for the group.
- Categories: Help members narrow down their options by placing the group in one or more category. The categories are used to filter groups. The category will also show up as the Topic on the detail page of each group. (Recommended)
- Image: It’s been said that a picture is worth a thousand words, upload a picture to help potential members remember the group. The image will show up in the grid view as well as the details page of each group. (Recommended)
- Location: Help members find the group by selected a location. The location is used to help with filtering by location. Map directions are provided if a location is selected. If you need to add a location that is not in the list, just click the + icon to the right of the drop down. (Recommended)
- Day of the week: Let members know what day of the week the group meets. (Recommended)
- Start and End Time: Be sure to let members know what time the group meets. (Recommended).
5. The Final Details → Enter the leader information to finish up the group
- Primary Leader: Select the leader of the group that you would like to appear on the detail page of the group. The leader’s name will link to their email address on the website so potential members can contact them with any questions. (Recommended)
- Add Other Leaders: Add any other leaders here. Other leaders do not appear on the website.
- Add Members: Add any members that are in the group here. Members do not appear on the website, but within the CMS you will be able to view rosters of each group. You do not need to add your leaders to the members list, as they are already listed on the roster as leaders. (Recommended)
Verify your information and click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Using the Small Groups page
To make changes to the content on your Small Groups page, navigate to CONTENT > PAGES and select your Small Groups page (use the filter if you have a lot of pages to sort through).
As you edit the Content of your Groups page, you can add images, block quotes, and all the other kinds of formatting you can use on a page.
Your Small Groups page will find and display all the Small Groups you added in the earlier steps.
Be sure to click "done" and "Save." When you're ready, click over and "Publish" your page as well.
If you are using the ChMS and want to sync your small groups info, please see this help article.