Quick Start: Steps Overview
- Add Categories
- Add Series
- Add Articles
- Set Featured Articles
- Publish Articles
- Add Full Width Section Content
The Articles Layout #4 is designed to help you organize and showcase content like stories, resources, news updates, missionaries, or any other group of articles. You can create categories of content for users to easily look through archives or find specific types of resources. All articles are added and updated in the articles module and organized under the “Articles” category.
- The rotating banner of articles is a great way to showcase the most recent posts you’ve added.
- The featured articles will automatically display the 3 most recent articles you have published as featured.
- The categories display groups of articles designated in the Categories tab of the Articles Module.
- The size of the category tab is based on the length of the category title, and the number of tabs is based on the amount you create.
- The list of articles automatically displays the most recent article you have created.
- You can assign articles to series- another option for organizing the articles.
- The recommended series displays articles from the series you have set as “current.”
- If you do not want this section to display, simply do not create and assign series.
- The search results pull up articles related to the key words and content within each article.
2 FULL WIDTH SECTIONS
- You have the ability to add sections of content below the lists of articles. These sections are full editable to add text formatting and links.
- Some examples would be a CTA button to “Share Your Story” that opens a subpage with a form or an events monklet that pulls in upcoming events from the calendar.
- More About Events Monklets: https://help.ekklesia360.com/article/using-inline-parameters/
Before You Get Started
No page is needed to use your standard articles layout. In order to display your articles template, you will need to confirm that it is listed in the navigation.
Categories are a helpful tool to organize all of your stories, resources, or articles. The categories you set up will display on the layout and the tab sizes are based on the length of your title.
PRO-TIP: Shorter titles are a great option because they’re quick and easy to read- especially for mobile device users.
To ensure the process of adding articles is seamless, you can set up the categories first. This will allow you to quickly assign a category to each article as you create them. Be sure the articles are added to the parent category “articles” so that your story or resource is sent to the correct template.
PRO-TIP: An article can display in both a series and category.
All articles are added and updated in the articles module and organized under the “articles” category. Once you have added all content to the article you will publish and it will display automatically on the Articles Template.
- Content > Articles
- Add A New Article
- Indicate the Category (under the Articles Parent)
- Indicate the Series (if utilizing)
- Assign the date
- Add an Author
- Author information is pulled from the People module.
- This is where you can upload their image, add their name, social media links and bio.
- You can add multiple authors to an article if you choose.
- The Summary field will display above the media and below the title. This field can only support text.
- Keywords are important to add so that the articles shows up when searching the template, entire site, or using a search engine.
- PRO-TIP: Keywords help boost SEO searches for your site as well as well written content.
- The Content field will display below the media. In this field you can add all text formatting, links, CTA buttons, and embed additional media.
Each article can host an array of media types: Video, Audio, and a PDF or Document.
- If you have already uploaded the media into the media module, you can locate it within the list.
- If you are adding new files, follow the instructions to upload a direct file or embed a third party.
- The video and audio will be embed on the article detail, while the download and notes will display as a button.
- Each media type will be displayed as an icon on the list views. If you do not use all media fields, the icon will simply not display.
After all articles have been created, you'll need to make sure they're all published in order to display on the Articles Template. You can choose to publish the article right away by clicking Publish.
TOGGLE DATE & TIME
- To publish an article in the future, select a date under the Toggle publishing status on this date and time field.
- You can choose to keep the article as a draft by clicking Keep as Draft
- To populate the featured articles on your layout, you will need to indicate which Articles are featured before publishing.
- The Article will display on the artcile landing in the rotating banner of articles