Home Page Editing
To begin editing the home page, go to Content > Pages > INDEX
1. Title: Unlike most other pages, you cannot change the title of the home page. The INDEX page is the home page.
2. URL: This is the URL location of the page—because this is a home page, do not add to or change the URL.
3. Description: A description of the church or organization in sentence form that helps with SEO.
4. Content: Any words or images entered into the CONTENT field will appear below the navigation & logo. While this is an option, Sections are best used to add content to the home page.
5. Keywords: A a list of keywords associated with the church or organization. Use words separated by commas that help with SEO.
6. Full Header: Check this box to enable the header for full screen. If this is unchecked, the header height will be reduced.
7. Header Background Video: Add a full-width background video.
8. Header Text: Content entered here will be displayed if a header background video is being utilized.
9. Show in Navigation: Check this box to add a link to the 'Index' home page in the site Navigation. When the navigation link is created, the label will read 'Index.' You can change the navigation label to say 'Home' instead of 'Index' in the navigation module.
10. Location: This cannot be changed for the home page.
11. Header Image: This is where to enter a header image.
12. Rotator: This is where to enter a rotator.
13: Template: While you can change the template, the Home Page template is created specifically for Index and should be kept as homepage in order to utilize sections.
14: Sections: Sections are the best way to utilize your home page to make it both unique and informative.
The bulk of your home page is comprised of sections, which are managed under Content > Sections. Your theme will include the following preset sections for the home page, but you are welcome to add your own, as well!
- Home - Recent Sermon and Article: displays latest sermon and a featured article
- Home - Featured Content: displays a featured section
- Home - Upcoming Events: displays the latest events
- Home - Columns: displays the a 'Home Columns' Link List with Newsletter Sign-up and Featured Small Group
- Home - Featured Posts: displays the latest featured blog post from the Blogs module
- None: currenlty no section is assigned, create your own and add it
The Home Page allows up to 6 content sections to be assigned to a page. These sections can contain basically anything that a page can contain (text, images, videos, etc). These sections will display under the header rotator/header space on your homepage.
Sections may be reorder in the 1-6 placement which correlates as top-bottom on the page. You can assign a section as 'None' to remove it, and you can create your own new sections to add to the home page.