Launch! - Make Your Site Live
Congratulations! You've completed your preview site and now you're ready to launch your website and make it live. Making your website live means pointing your domain name to the location of your new Ekklesia website.
Pro Tip - Let us know a few days in advance that you are getting ready to launch. This ensures that everything goes smoothly and your new site is live exactly when you want it to be.
1. Ekklesia Team Launches Your Website
This is a great option if you want to let our expert team take care of the site launch for you.
- Provide our team with the login to your Domain Name Registrar
- Our team will edit the DNS settings for your domain
- We will notify you to let you know when your new site is live
- We launch sites Monday-Thursday (only on Friday if you've let us know in advance and we have the correct logins)
2. Self Launch
This option is for those that are comfortable with editing Domain Name Systems (DNS). If you aren't sure how to do this, a support representative at your domain registrar should be able to help.
- We provide you with your new website's IP address
- You set the DNS "A" record for your domain to the IP address
- Notify us once you are done editing the DNS
Help Site - Taking Your Site Live
Know Your Domain Name Registrar
A Domain Name Registrar is an organization or commercial entity that manages the reservation of Internet domain names.
While Ekklesia does provide Web Hosting, it is not a Domain Name Registrar. If you need a domain name, you can purchase one for a relatively low cost at websites like Name.com, Google Domains, Namecheap.com, etc.
If you want our team to launch your site, we'll need your Domain Name Registrar login. If you don't know who the Registar is, you can find the Registrar as well as contact info of the person who registered your domain here.
Domain Lookup - Type in your domain name and click Lookup.
Under registrar, it will be listed as the Sponsoring Registrar.
Web hosting is a service that hosts websites so that organizations like yours can make your website accessible via the World Wide Web. Ekklesia's web hosting provides space on our servers to store all the files that make up your new website.
Web hosting is included in your monthly Ekklesia plan.