Volunteer Opportunities #1
- Locate the Volunteer Opportunities #1 Template
- Title the Template
- Add Template Overview Content
- Add All Categories
- Add Users
- Add & Link Authors to Users
- Add a New Article: Summary & Content
- Publish The Article
The Volunteer Opportunities Layout #1 is designed to help you showcase ways for people to serve. You can add information about joining a specific position or team with clear contact information for next steps to get involved.
Volunteer Opportunities and leader contact information are created as Articles & Authors.
Before You Get Started
Your implementor should have already built out the Volunteer Opportunites #1 for you.
1. Locate your Volunteer Opportunites #1 Template by going to Content > Pages. If you can’t easily find the template, use the Template Filter.
Title & Overview
Here is what your Volunteer Opportunities #! Template looks like when editing.
- Title the Template
- Add Overview Content
Before Adding Volunteer Opportunities
All volunteer opportunities are created and edited in the Articles Module.
To ensure that your volunteer opportunities display on the template, all articles must be assigned to the parent category “Volunteer."
- Locate the Articles Module by going to Content > Articles.
- Select the Categories tab to ensure your implementor has add the "Volunteer" parent category.
On a multi-campus site, the campus filter uses the Group. When you publish an Article be sure to publush to the campus Group as needed.
Before adding Articles, you'll need to add Categories and Aurthors to attach to the articles.
Categories & Filters
- Select Add a New Category
- Name the category the title you would like to display in the filter on the layout
- Assign the category to to the parent category "Volunteer"
Each volunteer detail page displays a contact person, or "Author" for the specific opportunity.
This contact information is pulled from the member module. Before assigning authors to your volunteer opportunities, you’ll need to first add the contact person as a user to the site in the People module.
In order for contact information to display on the Volunteer Opportunity detail page, you'll need to add the contact person as a user.
- Locate the People Module by going to People > Members
- Add a New Member fill out all appropriate fields
Adding & Linking Authors
Now that the contact person has been added as a user, you'll need to add them as authors and link each author with their specific user information.
- Select the Authors tab
- Add a New Author
- Link the author information to their user information.
Adding a New Article
Now that all the categories and authors have been added, you can begin creating each volunteer opportunity.
- Navigate to Content > Articles and click, “Add A New Article.”
- Indicate the title of the volunteer opportunity, assign a category, and author
Summary & Content
Now that all Categories and Authors have been added, it's time to start adding Volunteer Opportunities content like a summary and description.
- Add a Summary
- Add a description
SUMMARY: Content entered into the Summary field will display on in the list view of the Volunteer Opportunity template. This can be a brief description that is quick and easy for a reader.
CONTENT: The Content field will display on the Volunteer Opportunity detail page. In this area you can add images, videos, text formatting, Ekklesia forms, or links to your ChMS form.
When publishing your article, you can set toggle dates so that Volunteer Opportunities are published on specific dates.
1. Enter a "Toggle Date" for when you want the draft to go live.
You can also set a date for when you would like aVolunteer Opportunity to be removed from the layout.
1. Publish the Article today.
2. Set the date you would like the Article to toggle back to draft
Now that you’ve finished adding the content, you can place it in the navigation so people can easily find the layout.
More info on the navigation can be found on our Help Site: http://help.ekklesia360.com/article/adding-a-navigation-item/