Editing the Homepage
To begin editing the home page, go to Content > Pages > INDEX
1. Title: Unlike most other pages, you cannot change the title of the home page. The INDEX page is the home page.
2. URL: This is the URL location of the page—because this is a home page, do not add to or change the URL.
3. Description: A description of the church or organization in sentence form that helps with SEO.
4. Content: Any words or images entered into the CONTENT field will appear below the rotator/header image/video space.
5. Keywords: A list of keywords associated with the church or organization. Use words separated by commas that help with SEO.
6. Header Background Video: Add a full-width background video.
7. Header Text: Content entered here will be displayed overtop of the header image or header background video.
8. Hide Page Title: this is not applicable for the home page, but this option is available for your subpages.
9. Show in Navigation: Check this box to add a link to the 'Index' home page in the site Navigation. When the navigation link is created, the label will read 'Index.' You can change the navigation label to say 'Home' instead of 'Index' in the navigation module.
10. Location: This cannot be changed for the home page.
11. Header Image: This is where to enter a header image.
12. Rotator: This is where to enter a rotator.
13: Template: The "Index" template is created specifically for the home page. This needs to remain the selected template in order to utilize sections.
14: Sections: Sections are the best way to utilize the homepage features to make it both unique and informative.
The bulk of your home page is comprised of sections, which are managed under Content > Sections. Your theme will include the following preset sections for the home page, but you are welcome to add your own, as well!
- Home - Community: displays small groups information
- Home - Sermons: displays the latest message(s) from the Sermons module
- Home - Events: displays a carousel of the latest events from the Events module
- Home - Articles: displays the latest articles from the Articles module
- Home - Newsletter: displays a newsletter sign up
- Home - Blog: displays the latest blog posts from the Blogs module
- Home - Wysiwyg: this is an example content section
The home page allows up to 7 content sections to be assigned to a page. These sections can contain basically anything that a page can (text, images, videos, etc) and will display under the header image/rotator/header video space on your homepage.
Sections may be reordered in the "1-7" dropdowns, which displays from top to bottom on the page. You can assign a section as "None" to remove it, and you can create your own new sections to add to the home page.